Thursday, February 11, 2016

scientists suck at secrecy


Everyone's guesses were right that the announcement today would be about gravitational waves.  I hope none of those fkrs tries to surprise their spouse with presents.  "You'll never guess what I got you, but it's edible and rhymes with moo-she-winner."   :)

It is very exciting, even without the surprise.  And how awesome that #LIGO is still trending on Twitter six hours later.

Just me, or does the name Kip Thorne sound like the lead male in a romantic bodice-ripper?  Probably a piratical type.  Why did he have to ruin things and say no time travel?  And speaking of time-traveling, Albert Einstein had to be from the future, right?  I'm guessing his glorious mane of hair helped somehow.  I'm still working out the details, so I can take advantage with mine.


No comments: