- I went to a client location today. I didn't have as much fun as last week but still had a pretty good time. I also managed to work sushi into the day for lunch, so that made it more of a positive experience. [Yes, it is possible to for me to eat sushi several meals in a row. I plan on eating last night's leftovers when I get back home.] My client was from South America and gave me an entirely different perspective on our election. He also informed me that the Hispanic media was angling way more in favor of Bush than the American media.
Thursday, November 30, 2000
Wednesday, November 29, 2000
- MIGRAINE again. Fortunately, it was not as pernicious as last week's episode. Galahad took me out for sushi dinner with miso soup to speed my recovery. This was my first time back to my favorite sushi restaurant since the "Sushi Incident." Everything went well, so maybe they didn't remember that I was involved in that other nonsense. They definitely remembered Galahad since he is frequently in there picking up a to-go order.
Tuesday, November 28, 2000
Monday, November 27, 2000
Sunday, November 26, 2000
- The Florida re-count was certified without all the results being in. I guess no one should have been surprised at that. It seems kind of blatantly biased that the secretary of state would not wait 2 hours to get Palm Beach County's results. It probably isn't keeping her awake at nights, I suppose.
Saturday, November 25, 2000
Friday, November 24, 2000
- My niece & her beau left this morning. They were anxious to get back to college as they had kittens to care for & papers to write. Galahad & I went shopping around dinnertime and had no trouble with crowds. I bought at least half of my presents for my nieces & nephew. Then, we stopped back at Galahad's parents to retrieve some leftovers. Mmmmm, food for the weekend.
Thursday, November 23, 2000
- Happy Thanksgiving! Hung out with my niece for awhile. Caught up on her life, her joys, & her challenges. Went to Galahad's family thanksgiving dinner first. That went very well and had all kinds of yummy food. Then, went to my family dinner. The mood there was strained at times, although the food was superb. Galahad & I left after a while. My niece & her fella' came back a little later. Galahad taught him how to play backgammon and was unmerciful. He slew him the first time. But, the second time, with some coaching from me, he held his own.
Wednesday, November 22, 2000
- MAJOR MIGRAINE! Took several doses of medicine. The fourth one, the shot, finally worked. By 6PM, I was feeling much better. An Excedrin gave me the energy I needed and took the last edge off the migraine. I am very excited! My niece and her boyfriend are coming down from college and staying with Galahad & me. Galahad went shopping and bought all of her favorite foods. I was planning on going until the migraine knocked me down for twelve hours. With my new energy, I cleaned the house and got it ready for them.
Tuesday, November 21, 2000
Monday, November 20, 2000
- I'm exhausted and thankful that this is a short week. I have to go to a client today. Fortunately, it's local. I hit it off wonderfully with my clients and had a nice long relaxing, yet stimulating, sushi lunch. They may be my favorite client ever.
Sunday, November 19, 2000
- Yippee! I get to fly home today to see my knight. I hit major traffic on I-4. Amazing how many people were on the road. Fortunately, I turned off onto a toll road to get to the airport. No one likes to pay to drive, so that road was relatively congestion-free. Called the office before I left to see if they had any last-minute questions or problems. Nothing too severe, fortunately. Galahad told me to confirm my return pick-up with the limo service. I pooh-poohed that idea and was sure that he would be there waiting for me. The company was highly recommended to me and did such a great job getting me to the airport. But, I should have listened to him. No one was there to meet me. I called the company and found out that they had been there yesterday but for some reason I had not shown up. The earliest he could get someone there would be 35 minutes. I ended up hiring a car out front for an exorbitant fee but was not charged by the original company for my ride on Thursday. My driver gave me a rundown of every celebrity or celebrity's family member who live in a 50 mile radius. By the end of the trip, I felt very sorry for them all.
Saturday, November 18, 2000
- Woke up early to call Galahad and remind him that Batman was on. Caught Batman Beyond before I went to work. Found out my niece was in town. I tried to get in touch with her but found out that I had just missed her also. I guess it was for the best since work kept me busy until 8PM or so. Then, I went to Wolfgang Puck's for dinner in Downtown Disney. Mmmmm, yummy!
Friday, November 17, 2000
Thursday, November 16, 2000
- I took a limo service this morning for the first time instead of driving to the airport & leaving my car. That was very nice not to have to fight traffic. Flew to Orlando. Realized this morning that my brother-in-law was there & left a message on his cell phone. He called me back as his plane was landing back at his hometown. I was just arriving at Orlando Airport. Oh well, maybe next time. Ate lunch at California Cafe. I just love their food. Went back to the office and worked until after 11PM!
Wednesday, November 15, 2000
- Picked up Galahad's parents at the BIG airport. He decided to come with me. Good thing, too. We had to split up & look on different levels to figure out where international arrivals were. It turned out to be easy to get them since the airline was not able to send their luggage on the same flight. The airline has promised to send it tomorrow.
Tuesday, November 14, 2000
Monday, November 13, 2000
Sunday, November 12, 2000
Saturday, November 11, 2000
- Galahad & I went down to one of the many protests staged across America today. That was absolutely fascinating. I am almost ashamed to admit that I've never been to one before. I had not seen that much media all together in one place ever. There were more members of the media than there were protesters, I think. We saw media not only from all over the country, but also from all over the world. Even though the turnout of protesters wasn't as big as it could have been, it was a nice change from the apathy I usually hear of when speaking of politics.
Friday, November 10, 2000
Thursday, November 9, 2000
- Yippee, I'm home again. My filing cabinet was delivered today. It's positively lovely to feel organized again. Alright, so I'm a little anal-retentive -- I can admit that. Sushi dinner with my Galahad is quite a delightful way to finish up the day.
Wednesday, November 8, 2000
Tuesday, November 7, 2000
Monday, November 6, 2000
Sunday, November 5, 2000
- While Galahad washed & waxed my car, I spent hours online researching which way I wanted to vote. It's all so confusing. Went to a family gathering at my father's house. That went okay. Afterwards, a few of us got together to honor my mother's memory. I can't believe it has been a year already.
Saturday, November 4, 2000
- Went to PEN FEST 2000! Invited my grown-up niece to accompany Galahad & me. She loved it although my brother (her father) didn't seem impressed. Fine pens just don't excite everyone, I guess. Galahad & I went out to dinner with my brother, which went well. This was the first time since the 'sushi incident'.
Friday, November 3, 2000
Thursday, November 2, 2000
Wednesday, November 1, 2000
- I went in to qualify for my clinical migraine study first thing this morning. What a debacle that turned out to be! I was a mess getting there because of the fasting part & driving through downtown rush hour traffic while being hungry. Fortunately, Galahad packed me a breakfast to take with me. Unfortunately, the clinical nurse was not at all impressed with my emotional outburst & did not want me in the study. I managed to convince him otherwise, but then failed one of the physical conditions. These turned out to be very strict since this drug has been tested on only 8 people previously. Yes, you read that correctly, EIGHT. So, maybe it's for the best that I didn't get accepted, but I'm still disappointed. I'm pretty sure that the condition I didn't meet was because I had gotten worked up by not being able to eat properly. However, this nurse was gunning for me since I started crying earlier. He would not let me re-test at a later time -- his loss when he can't find enough suitable guinea pigs.