- Happy Old Year's Night! Galahad & I decide to stay home tonight. My niece & my sister left today, so we're enjoying time alone together. I do miss them though.
Sunday, December 31, 2000
Saturday, December 30, 2000
- Went shopping with my sister & my niece. Realized again that I really detest shopping for more than an hour or two at most. The company I was with definitely made it bearable, but maybe only once a year. Saw my brother's new house & oohed & ahhed over it, not that I had to fake it since it is very nice. He's doing all kinds of work to it that doesn't look necessary to me, but I'm not known for my aesthetic taste usually. Had dinner with some of my family casually, which was very enjoyable.
Friday, December 29, 2000
- Made dinner plans to meet up with my whole family at a Greek restaurant. I picked this one because the food is good & if a family scene erupts, no one really has anything to lose here. I spent a stressful day settling end of year financial matters at work. I was very apprehensive about dinner at this point, but it went very well. The food was not as good as it was previously but not too bad. Galahad elected not to attend since he was also very busy at work dealing with end of year matters.
Thursday, December 28, 2000
- Had to drive down to the big city today & then worked very hard at the office all day. My sister flew in today although I did not get to see her until dinner. And, by that point, I was pretty tired. She gave me an Excedrin NASCAR toy racecar. Very cute.
Wednesday, December 27, 2000
Tuesday, December 26, 2000
Monday, December 25, 2000
- Merry Christmas! What a fabulous day! I stayed up very late last night talking to my niece about life, nothing, & other stuff. Somehow, I was still able to wake up early though. We had great weather to wake up to. Galahad & I cleaned the pool just to delay the fun of present-opening a teeny bit. Plus, it was so nice to be outside. Then, we came in & tore open our gifts to each other. He bought me some beautiful clothes which were just my size. I gave him assorted fun stuff, including new pens. My favorite gift to him was an adoptive bird, an American Kestrel to be more exact. Then, off to Christmas dinners at both of our family's homes. My family surprised me with my very own butler. Boy was I shocked! Galahad has named him Cadbury.
Sunday, December 24, 2000
- Still feel the same, no better & no worse. More Echinacea & more vitamin C... Galahad & I each opened up one present. I gave him a new Recife fountain pen, which he loved. I think it was just because of the silver clip... Watched the Dolphins barely win over New England, and watched the Buccaneers barely lose to Green Bay. Galahad went to pick up a cheesecake for tomorrow's dinner. I tracked Santa's flight today around the world.
Saturday, December 23, 2000
- Feel like I'm getting sick. Dosed up on Echinacea & vitamin C all day. Galahad & I took my niece out to dinner at California Cafe. Afterwards, we walked by the water & went yacht-watching. We saw one from Bahrain, which isn't a common occurrence. Played one game of backgammon with Galahad & beat him by one stone.
Friday, December 22, 2000
- MAJOR MIGRAINE AGAIN!!!! It woke me up at 6:30am. I took two doses plus an injection to subdue this one. It scares me that they may be getting resistant. Galahad was very sweet and made me breakfast before he left for work, which of course made him late.
Thursday, December 21, 2000
- My niece came over to stay for the weekend. She's down from college. Again, it seemed like a good day to reminisce. We looked at many old photographs I have & read through some journals written by my mother. Then, it was off to my nephew's home for his birthday celebration. He got some wonderful toys, including my long-time favorite, Lego. Watched two cats & three kittens trash the house. Very entertaining!
Wednesday, December 20, 2000
- Hung out with my brother today. We did some Christmas shopping but mostly just had fun. I played with his dogs and reminisced about old times, some good & some not so good. When I got home, there was a message from my dad saying how cold it would be tonight. He recommended bringing in all of my orchid plants so they wouldn't die from the freeze. So, at 11pm, Galahad & I braved frigid temperatures and dark of night to bring in all of them.
Tuesday, December 19, 2000
Monday, December 18, 2000
Sunday, December 17, 2000
- Promised no family today. Just the two of us. However, that did not turn out to be very romantic & cozy. We spent the better part of the afternoon doing major landscaping in our yard. I should say that Galahad did the major stuff & I assisted. We also programmed Sparky, our robotic dog. That's what Galahad named him.
Saturday, December 16, 2000
Friday, December 15, 2000
- Went to an early holiday party. Galahad & I received a robotic dog as a present. Kind of silly but also kind of fun, too, in a silly way of course. Our friend who took us to the Humane Society party gave us this gift. Now we can officially be pet owners, I suppose.
Thursday, December 14, 2000
- Time to renew my passport. Don't you hate getting your picture taken, knowing that it will last 10 years? My expression is just lovely. I have that "deer caught in the headlights while stoned on pot" look. I can't wait to show that to a customs official in a foreign country, she said sarcastically.
Wednesday, December 13, 2000
- Went to a Humane Society Social
Party last night. We met some fabulous people from Canada.
They're always so nice.
It was held at a wonderful old estate. Half the fun of the night was looking through the rooms of the house, at least those that weren't roped off.
Tuesday, December 12, 2000
- Learned from a Canadian Wendy exactly what a Chinook is. Fascinating. Read an interesting article about how trial lawyers are now joining forces with environmental groups to help clean up the environment. They are very worried (as am I) that if G W Bush becomes President, then he would harm the environment even worse. His track record in Texas says so.
Monday, December 11, 2000
Sunday, December 10, 2000
Saturday, December 9, 2000
- Did lots of yard work. Hung out with Galahad's mom later. Here's an article about the villainous sugar barons that helps to explain why the Everglades are in such bad shape & perhaps why South Florida is under water restrictions even though this has been almost a record rainfall year.
Friday, December 8, 2000
Thursday, December 7, 2000
Wednesday, December 6, 2000
Tuesday, December 5, 2000
Monday, December 4, 2000
Sunday, December 3, 2000
- Galahad decorated the tree while I yakked with one sister & then another. He's very particular about the tree, so I try not to interfere much. Our tree looks lovely. We watched football in the background and had a relaxing day.
Saturday, December 2, 2000
Friday, December 1, 2000
- I hit the mall after work
today. Now, I remember why I dislike shopping. The mall has
actually been redone & is very nice, but there is just too much stuff to
sort through. I can't be bothered. I tried to buy Galahad a
Christmas present; however, I did not make much progress. I found a
few little items but nothing spectacular. Not that he's expecting
anything spectacular, but he does deserve something hugely
spectacular. That's why I got my courage up to face the mall.
People were a lot nicer than I remember them being. Maybe it's
me? I did find some shoes for me, which is a major feat in & of itself.
That's actually what I told Galahad that I wanted, handmade shoes for me
that actually fit well. I may have found some that are machine made
that fit well. There's a new store named Walking Co. They measured my feet with a computer pad. Very
cool! It lets me know where my pressure points are & what shape my
arch is. That way, I'll know the best type of shoe to wear. They
also give me 30 days to walk in the shoe to decide if I like it. How
cool is that? And no, I have no affiliation with the store. This
is actually an honest plug.