Monday, September 21, 2015

ain't no sunshine when she's gone


Does anyone else have a theme song?  Is it weird that I have a few?

I like to bring the sunshine into a room with me because I don't trust that it will be there waiting for me.  Therefore sometimes when I leave, there ain't no sunshine when she's gone.

 I'm addicted to having sunshine in my life.

Which means that the few people I have left in my life are ones who help me create sunshine or bring their own.  They are people who help me to find and be my best self.  This song reminds me that I am the master of my emotions.  That I can control my moods.  It's nice and bluesy, which allows me to be down if that's how I'm feeling at first.  And then it reminds me to pick my ass up and carry on.  Sometimes, I need to listen to it more than once before the magic kicks in.

As Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis said, "Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants."  He obviously meant it in relation to corruption and politics.  But I find it useful in other realms.  Sunshine almost always uplifts my mood and disinfects the lurking darkness threatening to creep back in.

Why am I sitting here at my computer instead of getting some sunshine, you ask?  Because I was outside at 7:30 am getting early morning sun into my eyes and my pineal gland while cleaning my pool.  A little light exercise and some sunshine before I showered and started my day ensured a smile on my face this morning.

Aren't you curious about my other theme songs?


No comments: