Wednesday, December 16, 2015

cheesy groats

Yeah, you're right, that does sound disgusting, but it's what I ate for breakfast the past few days, and it wasn't bad.  I got the idea from CafĂ© Tu Tu Tango's shrimp and grits.  They added some cheesy manchego goodness to theirs.  And grits are similar to oats.  Maybe.  No one really knows what a grit is.  Or what a groat is.

Of course, I added a bunch of other items to make it more filling and nutritious, including but not limited to, raw cacao nibs, chia seeds, pecans, walnut pieces, almond slivers, shredded coconut, and lots of fancy Bolivian salt.  Sometimes I add gobs of butter, too, but that seemed overkill with the cheese.  It's healthier than it tastes.

I haven't had any more visits from my Godzilla friend, thankfully.  At least I hope he was friendly.  But not too friendly, if you get my meaning.  One of the babies paid me another visit yesterday, which I took as a good sign that the Iguanodon wasn't coming back.

Today will be a good day.  I've decided to be happy.  My head is cooperating.  Lockjaw is staying at bay.  This has been what it was.

No comments: