Sunday, October 11, 2015

who else wants to meet a Martian?

Or be one?

I saw The Martian yesterday, and it was fantastic.  Bring your tissues.  Or maybe that's just me.  The 12 year old girl sitting next to me didn't seem like she was crying.  Maybe because she had so much snackie food!  Omg, I could smell all of it with my migraine superpowers -- mint chocolate, regular chocolate, popcorn.  I almost asked her for some.  She seemed pretty cool and probably would have said yes.  I wonder where that falls in the Stranger Danger spectrum, seeing as how her mom was on the other side of her.

I won't say much more about the movie, so I don't accidentally give anything away.  I didn't see it in 3D because of my eye.  I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy the 3D experience with one weak eye. I also pre-medicated because long movies in dark theaters give me migraines.   My head only hurt a little after.  Yay.

And yes, the book was better, but the movie was still outstanding.  I loved that it made space exploration and nerds cool.

No comments: