Thursday, October 8, 2015

happiness is a long, hot bath (unless you're a cat)


I'm amassing quite a prodigious collection of aromatherapy essential oils for my bath.  No, I don't claim any magical powers from them, I just like how they smell sometimes.  I'm very particular with odors, especially when I have a migraine.   At times I like spearmint, which smells like chewing gum (even though I don't like chewing gum).  Other times I like peppermint, which is same but not same.

My current fave is ylang ylang.  I used to want my own ylang ylang tree like a friend of mine has, but it's messy as fuck, and I have a hard enough time keeping my pool clean.  So I decided against it.  Even though it smells angelic.  Damn, now I want one again.  One more reason to get a pool boy ...

I just bought cedar, and now that I smelled it, I'm not sure why.  It's supposed to be soothing, but it smells like dirt.  I'm practicing my mixology and combining two or more together, like lavender and cinnamon, which was meh.  If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know your favorites.

My friend, Emma Peel, gave me a fuzzy bath pillow years ago which I still use and love.  Speaking of Emma, her Scottish boyfriend sent me a voicetext saying hello.  (I'm such a sucker for Scottish accents.)  I'm glad he was there taking care of her, as she is a bit under the weather, and she deserves the best.  /wave Emma & BF


Kitten is not a fan of bath time.  WHY WOULD YOU SOAK IN IT?!




No comments: