Sunday, April 3, 2016

what's the status, Gladys?


I'm back, Jack!

I'm feeling so much better.  Yippee!!

Migraine gone.  Check.

Depression gone.  Check.  (ssshhh, let me live in denial today)

Pool swimmable again.  Check.  I even mustered up 5 minutes to clean yesterday.  I bargained with myself to clean for 2 minutes and then milked another 3.  Go me.

I've pretty much solved world peace at this point.  Once I wash my hair, I might just call it a crowning achievement of a day.

Happiness is a skill, and I am going to master it before I die.  10,000 hours makes me a master, right?  And before any of you smartypants tries to ruin my day by telling me that the 10,000 hour rule has been debunked, not for cognitive scenarios, it hasn't.

If I do the math, that works out to ~417 days, but that excludes sleeping and general annoyances which crop up.  I hate to rain on my own parade, but I'm pretty sure I'm not that happy during sleep.

[TANGENT: I won't even try to interpret the crazy dream I had the other night that was fueled by meds, pain, and constant ice on my head.  The good part is that I traveled abroad without suffering through the hours long plane trip.  I socialized with a bunch of people I've never met, none of whom spoke English.  It was bizarrely detailed and interesting.]

Therefore, excluding sleep, migraines, and general annoyances would then translate to 10,000 days of Wendytime because I could practice happiness for an hour a day, right?  That works out to approximately 27 years.  Are we there yet??  I'm making good time though, right?  :)

No comments: