Wednesday, April 6, 2016

CGRP and chicks


I'm probably boring some (most?) of you, so feel free to skip this post.  It will be mercifully brief.  Here is the latest information about CGRP, the breakthrough migraine medicine that I'm testing in my clinical trial.  It's from The Diane Rehm radio show (which is a hint that this needs to be listened to and not read).

On the one hand, I felt a bit vindicated when I heard some of the leading neurologists act as outraged as I get about how little fkn resources are spent on migraine research even though it affects 75 bazillion people.

On the other hand, this is 50 years of migraine research culminating in the Holy Grail of preventative migraine meds, and I'm still getting 86 migraines a year.  Fuck my life.

I thought I was in a good mood yesterday and ended up pissing off one of my brothers enough to have him hang up on me.  Sigh, now I feel bad, even though I probably would tell him to shut the fuck up all over again.  What is it with people thinking that picking the scabs off my anxieties and stress will be helpful?

I ended up calling another brother who made me laugh and calmed me down.  YAY!  I got to hear his little baby chicks cheeping and peeping through the phone.  And because I want to share that happy feeling, here is a photo of some of his baby chicks.



No comments: