Sunday, April 10, 2016

cannot do a kindness too soon


"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late."

  --  Ralph Waldo Emerson
 

Be kind to someone today.  In fact, try several someones.  Doing a kindness doesn't have to cost money or even much time.  It could be smiling at someone who needs it.  Or complimenting someone who doesn't regularly (ever?) get them.  Did you know there are people walking among us who never receive compliments?  How fkn lonely is that?

I plan not to see any people today because I'm an introvert (big surprise!).  Fortunately, kindnesses can still be done virtually.  Contact someone you haven't spoken to in a while.  Or, pick a random stranger on your favorite social media and be nice.  However, be careful of emotional vampires.  And worse yet, stalkers.

I'm digging my happier self.  This is who I am, and who I want to be.  Not the self-loathing, miserable wretch of the past year.  Depression truly does lie and tell me that I'm worthless.  I don't choose to believe it today.  I win!

No comments: