Monday, March 7, 2016

old brings out the best


Five year old soup is pretty mild for me, I know.  It sat there for years because who likes plain mushroom soup?  Not me, that's who.  So, I got creative.

Do you ever open your fridge and start throwing random ingredients in your soup?  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.  I added bacon, which sort of cooked but never got crispy.  Who am I kidding, it was still half raw.  Totoro tells me she eats raw bacon all the time, so I figured why not.  Olives, but somehow I cheaped out and bought the un-pitted kind.  It was an odd addition, but it worked, I guess.  Of course I added my ubiquitous greens -- Swiss chard this time.  I topped it off with avocado and lots of salt.

My belly is full.  No migraines were triggered.  And nutrients were gained.  Mission accomplished.


No comments: