Thursday, March 17, 2016

I might have Zika


Or just a flu.  But then add in my old friend migraine.  And the mysterious Flugraine happens.  It's a rare occurrence.  Maybe once every five years when I forget to take perfect care of myself.  And when it takes hold, it grips me tenaciously, no matter how much I dose up with my vitamins and magic potions.

I'm in pain management mode, rum for my sore throat, imitrex for my head, magnesium for the body aches, and hot salty water to keep me hydrated.  I've completely lost my appetite, although I did force myself to eat two bowls of soup yesterday. 

Fuck, I hate being sick.  It feels like a personal failure, as if I didn't try hard enough to stay healthy.  That one night I didn't get enough sleep.  Or that one day I didn't take enough supplements.

It's not the worst flu ever.  And it's not the worst migraine ever.  But the two together are fkn horrible.  As Aristotle said, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.  And by greater, I mean so much worse.

No comments: