Sunday, January 17, 2016

soft kitty


My local BFF (bestie?  what are kids today calling it?) gave me this mug as a gift.  She wanted to cheer me up when she couldn't personally do it.  She's going through a really rough time herself, so we mutually try to prop the other up when we're able.  Sometimes, we both just cry together.  And then laugh at how pathetic we are.  If you aren't familiar with the song, it's sung when someone is sick.

I'm feeling better today (probably because of the mug), but I'm not surprised I was laid low with migraine the past few days.  All of my weather apps are going crazy with wind advisories and tornado warnings.  Even Kitten has been unsettled, yowling at me to fix the fkn broken outside FFS.

"Fuck.  Both the frontyard AND the backyard are fucked up, Mom.  Do something."

I did the best I could.  I stuffed her with chicken, snuggled her until she crawled out of my grasp, and gave her a catnip mousie to play with.  She's napping nicely now.  I think I'll follow her lead and rest until my migraine hangover wears off.

No comments: