Monday, May 12, 2003

Monday, May 12, 2003

I am all drugged up on Imitrex & Benadryl.  Galahad brought me home some wonton soup.  I want Pho :(

Did I mention that my combination lock was cut off of my suitcase on the flight home?  We found it inside in 2 pieces taped to a flyer saying it was done for my safety.  Fuck you!  My bag was already safe.  I'm tired of Big Brother breathing down my neck in the interest of safety.  I already got molested by a screener on the way there; now, my lock gets violated on the way home.  Wtf did they see in the x-ray machine that aroused their suspicion?  My dirty socks & unmentionables?  Fuckers!  Yeah, I'm sick & cranky, but that doesn't mean I agree with all this new bullshit we are enduring.  If you think for one second we are any safer than we were before September 11, 2001, you are wearing blinders and are severely naive.

They recommend that I should have left my bag unlocked.  What American hasn't seen 4,625,384 specials on Dateline about thieving airport baggage handlers?  No I didn't have any so-called valuables in my bag, but if I had to replace any of my clothes or shoes, I'd be out substantial coinage, not to mention how much I detest shopping.  I suppose I should be ever so grateful that they allowed me to bring my Imitrex injections with me.

By the way, the airline employee who checked us in at the Seattle airport warned us to remove any undeveloped film from our bags prior to them zapping it with the x-ray machine.  It might have been nice if the people at the beginning of our trip had advised us of the same.  I wonder if we will develop a roll of white pictures.  Yeah, yeah, for my fucking safety.

I haven't had the energy yet to sort through our bag to see if anything is missing.  It feels kind of pointless to complain to some Big Brother organization anyway.

No comments: