Sunday, May 4, 2003

Sunday, May 4, 2003

Today is the big day of Grampa's 95th birthday party. 

Galahad & I are staying at my sister's house.  She & her husband recently decided to separate after 20 years of marriage.  He moved out about 3 days ago, so we walked into an emotionally raw household.  :(  It was weird to see her husband today.  I like him a lot and had no idea how to react to him.  Fortunately, he just acted normal, so I did, too.

Anyway, Grampa loved his little party and was especially excited that he could eat his chocolate cake with his fingers.  He was thrilled to see Galahad and me.  It's been almost 3 years.  Yeah, I know, I'm a negligent granddaughter.  Fortunately, my other siblings aren't so bad.

This was the first night that my sister's husband had the kids.  She was a wreck, poor thing.  It was probably only the 3rd time I've ever seen her cry.  Somehow I got all the crying genes, and she got none.  Yes, I started crying, too.  We stood in the window, hugging & crying, and watched them drive off.

 She decided that she wanted to re-claim the house, so my lovely Galahad moved furniture until 2 am.  We did a fabulous job of changing around her bedroom and her living room. 

No comments: