Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

I'm hoping that my angst is done with for now.  I seem to be cheerier even though I have a migraine and a new mini-zit.  :(

Last night Galahad and I stayed up signing all the documents required for a Streamlined Refinancing Mortgage Application from the same company we currently use.  I couldn't believe the paperwork required just for the streamlined version.  Imagine if our deal had been complicated?  Imagine if we had been switching to another company?  Somehow we had left things to the last minute and started doing this at 11:30 pm.  It felt like Sunday night back in school trying to finish a big project that I had procrastinated all weekend.  Galahad kept saying just sign here, but...   My mother always taught me to read everything before I signed it.  I was having a hard time last night trying to understand the complicated legalese with my continual yawning and the pain in my head.  Somehow I looked over at my Galahad and just started laughing and soon the process became fun.  I hope we are able to lock in that rate. 

/crosses my fingers

At one point I felt all old and spinsterly.  I had to check the box that I'm unmarried and middle-aged.  And here I was refinancing a mortgage.  That sounded so grown-up and adult-like.  READ: Boring & Old.  Shouldn't they have had a checkbox for domestically partnered?  Living with a significant other?  Common law?  Anything but OLD & UNMARRIED.  Aren't I too old & spinsterly to be getting zits still?  =p

There is a flood watch in effect today.  We have had constant rain for 5 days or so.  I think the weather is about to shift though, which is why I got the migraine last night.  Fortunately it's not a killer one, but I still woke up at 5 am to take Imitrex.

No comments: