Friday, May 9, 2003

Friday, May 9, 2003

Ugh!  I hate waking up at 6 am with a migraine, listening to 2 babies wail & scream.  :(  Luckily, the Imitrex I took worked well.  I woke up again a few hours later feeling much better.   My brother was showing Galahad a new video game he was playing, Earth & Beyond.  Watching the screen of them flying through space at warp speed got me dizzy, so I declined to give it a whirl.

My brother took us to a cutesy little place for lunch, 5 Spot.  Apparently, they totally change their decor & menu every 4 months to keep it fresh & trendy.  The current theme is Sante Fe; next up on June 15 is Springfield, USA.

My brother is a HUGE fan of games, both electronic & board.  He taught us to play this great game he had called the Settlers of Catan or in actuality, he had the German version, so it was Die Siedler von Catan.  It was kind of funny to see him trying to remind himself of some of the rules by sifting through the German instructions.  In true beginners' luck spirit, Galahad won the first game and I won the second.  Dunno if my brother was going easy on us or just suffering from sleep deprivation.  ;)

They arranged for a sitter, so the 4 of us went out to dinner at a trendy Asian fusion restaurant, Wild Ginger.

I can't believe we're leaving already, but I miss my quiet bed.

No comments: