Thursday, May 29, 2003

Thursday, May 29, 2003

Whatever happened to brevity?  Someone I work with (who is in sales and should supposedly know better) has logorrhea.  Don't most salespeople know that the best ones are better at listening than talking?  I let Galahad listen to one of his phone messages to see if I was overreacting.  [Me?  Overreact?  Never! ;)]  He couldn't even sit through the whole message.  For those of you new to my life, Galahad is the most patient man I know.  Gah, he puts up with me on a daily basis.  :) 

Here's a free tip from your friendy Wendy:  When leaving a business voicemail, make it short and relay pertinent information.  If it must be long, vary your voice pitch.  When sending business emails, keep them to less than one page.  One should never have to scroll down.  If you need to write a lot to organize your thoughts, by all means do so, then go back and edit for clarity & succinctness.  Yes, there will be exceptions, but make them few & far between. 

You guessed it, his emails suck, too, all 500 a day that I get.  Sigh.  Does he think he is the only person who emails?

No comments: