Monday, May 5, 2003

Monday, May 5, 2003

We have had the dubious privilege of having my sister's kitties sleep in our bed every night.  I drew the line at the dog joining us, too.  :p  The female kitten just got spayed, so she has to wear a plastic collar around her neck to keep from chewing on her stitches. They both think it's great fun to pounce on our toes as we move around.  The male kitten purrs so loudly that it's almost unnatural.  But then again, I'm not a cat person, so what do I know?  It's amazing how the kitties flock to me and I don't really even like cats.  They're cute and all, but I'm just as happy without a kitty.

We slept late and went to visit Grampa afterwards.  He told us some fabulous stories about back in the day.  He used to live in Harlem in the 1910s.  He regaled us with stories of keeping chickens (in Pasadena) during the war to get fresh eggs and stories of his father-in-law fighting against Pancho Villa.  Dunno how true the Pancho Villa stories were, but they were fascinating to hear regardless.

Then, we met up with a friend of ours in Santa Monica and had dinner at Mario's.  I thoroughly confused the waiter with my special requests.  Yes, I'm one of those kind of girls.  :p

No comments: