Saturday, May 3, 2003

Saturday, May 3, 2003

The airport was a fucking disaster.  I hate flying out of Ft. Lauderdale airport on cruise day.  We barely made our flight.  Curbside check-in was the longest I've ever seen.  Inside was even crazier.  Everybody and their brother had those stupid cardboard carrying cases full of liquor.  Wtf?  Don't people have liquor stores at home?  Is saving $5 worth the trouble of lugging that shit across the country?

Then, we go inside and the security line just never ended.  I went up to the front and asked the woman if we would make our flight.  She just pushed us through ahead of everyone.  They recommended that I remove my boots.  I, of course, didn't listen.  So, I had to get hand-searched after my boots set off the detector.  Hehe, I was wearing my WTF? t-shirt.  The woman asked me what it meant, but I was too shy to answer.  Another woman answered for me and said she had teenage sons. The first woman asked me why I didn't remove my boots the first time and literally looked at me and said WTF when I said I didn't think they would set off the detector.  I thought that was so fucking funny, and she was all excited that she had a new expression.  :)

She proceeded to wand me down and took her job a little too seriously.  I may not look like every other woman out there, but I'm pretty sure I don't look like a terrorist.  Afterwards, some man asked Galahad if he had gotten pictures.  :p

We finally got to our gate and boarded our never-ending flight.  So far to get to Cali from here.

No comments: