Thursday, November 5, 2015

remember, remember, the 5th of november

Remember, remember
the 5th of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.

I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot! 



Apropos of nothing, I was reading an article about how the the concept of love becomes harder as we age, which is a depressing thought if you think about it.  They claim that intelligent, independent people have an even harder time falling in love, presumably because we think too much and don't believe in magic anymore.

Fuck that.  I reject their premise.  They also say that the more independent one is, the more likely one feels suffocated by a potential mate.  However, wouldn't an independent person attract another independent person?  And wouldn't they both feel the need to have solitude thereby nullifying the suffocation feeling?  Or am I being hopelessly naive?

Whatever.  No matter how intelligent or independent I may be, I still believe in magic; hence my magical hair.  :)

Magic is all around us in everyday occurrences and objects, if we choose to see it.  How does my cat know how to find her way home every morning?  Why does a feral-born creature even want to come back to a human for snuggles?  She's very independent, so technically we don't snuggle on a daily basis.  I guess I'm independent enough to be comfortable with that.  :)

Science has all kinds of logical explanations about everything, but until these are known, the results seem magical.  The universe is vast and full of possibilities.  If that isn't magical, I don't know what is.  Maybe I'm being simple-minded or trying to rationalize, but I see magic everywhere.  In fact every day that I don't have a migraine, I call that a win in the magic column.

And to help everyone's quest for love, here are some questions designed to either make you closer to your potential mate or perhaps show you quickly that you're incompatible.  This question made me laugh:  30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?  Anyone who knows me knows I've cried in the last week (or hour, who's counting), although I do try to be circumspect about crying in front of people.  Not everyone reacts well to tears.

Remember, remember.  Magic is everywhere.  Don't forget to notice it.

No comments: