Thursday, November 12, 2015

#FastLivesMatter

I passed by a few Starbucks' drive-thrus and am puzzled by human behavior.  I'm not a genius in the kitchen by any means as you may have deduced by now, and even I can make delicious tasting coffee (most days).  Why the fuck would you wait in long lines to pay 13 times the price at Starbucks?  Also, if you're doing it for the caffeine boost, it's much more helpful to get that boost before you leave the house.  Even if you don't have a kitchen, all you need is an electric outlet and access to water.  Just saying.

It's always a crap-shoot when driving on south Florida highways what one might find on them.  Today's theme was nautical in nature.  I saw a boat canopy and boat stairs, separately.  I'm just glad they were already off their respective boats and on the ground when I saw them.  Ironically enough, I didn't see any boats, just one smallish yacht, even though today is a gorgeous day to take your boat out.

For the love of all that's holy and my sanity, if multiple vehicles are passing you on the right, you're driving too slowly in the left lane.  Move the fuck over.  I don't care if 75 or 80 mph feels fast to you, move the fuck over.  For anyone who wants to know who the worst offenders are, my unofficial poll was equal amounts male and female.  However, today they were all white.  Fkn white privilege.   #FastLivesMatter

I took my regular trek to get my clinical trial migraine shot, hence all the traffic nonsense.  The same nurse administered my shot as last time, but her chakras weren't balanced today or something.  She hurt me with the blood-draw, and then the shot burned like 5 Suns.  C'mon, Wendy, don't exaggerate.  Maybe only 4 Suns.  

On the way home, I stopped at the store to get some groceries.  I had used up the last of the heavy whipping cream for my coffee this morning and needed to re-supply.  It turns out it's eggnog season already.  That sounded much better than half-and-half (this store doesn't carry organic heavy cream).  I know there's sugar in the (organic) eggnog, but I can adjust the sweetness in my coffee accordingly.  Speaking of sugar, why are there 63 kinds of peanut butters and none there without sugar?  Remember when peanut butter used to be peanuts and salt only?  Now, I have to make a special trip to the peanut butter grocery store, a.k.a. Trader Joe's, who incidentally also carry organic heavy cream.

The cashier who was ringing up my groceries was very friendly.  I will not say flirtatious because he was very young, and I refuse to believe that.  Lalalala (hands over my ears), not listening.  Anyway, we got to talking about my t-shirt (it was Dumbo with his magic feather), my choice of coffee condiments (he prefers butter but seemed interested in the eggnog and the ice cream ideas), and how my day was going so far.  I was happy he wasn't observant enough to see the needle marks on my arm from the blood-draw.  I had ripped the bandages off in the car to attract less attention.  Somehow that was a very long conversation for only 4 items.  No one was behind me though; I checked because  #FastLivesMatter.

No comments: