Monday, November 2, 2015

fkn hate daylight saving time


I woke up in the middle of the night on Sat/Sun, all kinds of grumpy, and couldn't fall back asleep.  I ended up texting with a fellow insomniac friend who made me smile until I could catch one last hour of sleep before Kitten's incessant whining penetrated my sleepy fugue.  Of course, she's all out of sorts now, too.  Kitten, not my friend.

How does a one hour time-shift (doesn't matter the direction to me) disrupt my sleep schedule for so long?  And the better question is WHY FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY DO WE STILL PERPETUATE THIS NONSENSE?

DST fucked up my sleep schedule, and maybe because of a weather shift, too, I ended up with a horrible migraine yesterday.  One of the worst I've had in months.  And I'm an asshole and picked a fight with a good friend because I was cranky, hurting, and just miserable with my life.  Why the fuck is it human nature to pull people down when we're down?  Emma Peel called me because her sixth sense told her I was in despair.  No idea how she knows, but I was so grateful she did.  Boy, do I love her!!

After she cheered me a bit (plus several doses of meds, including an injection), I gave myself an attitude adjustment and apologized to my wronged friend.  Fortunately, one of us was mature enough to accept the apology gracefully.  I still feel like a schmuck, so here is another (very public) apology.  I've been officially forgiven, but an apology never takes the full sting away.  I'm hoping several will have a cumulative effect.  :)

I'm sorry I was churlish to you yesterday.  :(







Fuck you, DST!

No comments: