Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Iguana 'splain something to you

Iguanas are an exotic invasive species to Florida.  Not only that, but they are a real menace as accurately depicted here, which thankfully isn't my story. 

I've had a few people on the Twitters tell me (and thereafter unfollow me) that my cat is cruel and shouldn't be allowed to hunt.  Is it more cruel to force a creature to be something they aren't or allow them to be what they are?  Don't be a hypocrite.  I'm looking at you, gay rights' activists.

Cats are amazing hunters.  And my Kitten (yes, that's her name) is one of the best because she grew up as a feral kitty.  Of course I feed her.  She probably eats better than most of you on her organic raw meats.  But, she still has her killer instinct prowling inside of her.  And it's fkn baby iguana season now.  They are literally (figuratively) everywhere.  Because she sensed my eye problem, she even left me a spare eyeball.  Thanks, Kitten.


I'm not a monster though, so she and I came to a compromise.  She's allowed outside only a few hours per day.  That way she still gets her wild out, and I worry less.  Live and Let Die.

No comments: