Saturday, August 15, 2015

Blast from the past

I happened upon my old blog posts, from 2000 through 2008, and have slowly been importing them into this site.  I find it both interesting and embarrassing what I used to post.  My naivete was disconcerting, but the web still felt so new back then.  I laughed reading about my two-way pager, my first cellphone (it was the Motorola flip with the antenna you had to pull out, if you're curious), and my dial-up Internet access.  Many of my entries were Twitter-esque in nature.  I guess I was ahead of my time.  ;)

Plus, I was a terrible writer back then.  I'm glad my writing style has (I hope) matured, along with the Interwebs.  Movie website links were pre-IMDB, so they were tricky to find at the time, and many didn't survive.  Quite a few broken links can be accessed via the Wayback Machine if any catch your eye.

I also had some bittersweet memories reading about my former partner.  We had amazing times, and I'm happy to have had 20+ years with him.  Now, it's on to my next big adventure and perhaps one day another 20+ fantastic years with a different wonderful man.  Could I be so fortunate again?  Especially considering my exceptionally high standards.  Factor in how high-maintenance I am, like a Formula 1 car (with great performance comes high maintenance or some such), and the probability starts rapidly decreasing.

Or maybe I recapture my fierce independent streak and go it alone.

No comments: