Wednesday, February 4, 2004

Wednesday, February 4, 2004

Somehow I turned into an old person.  I arrived at the airport way too early.  I had planned to have lunch there, but I still finished my leisurely lunch extra early.  When did I become my grandmother?  It was much less stressful, I have to admit.  Perhaps wisdom does come with age?  :p  I brought one of my Christmas presents (an extra thick paperback book, A Game of Thrones) to while away the time.  Thanks again to my young friend for this gift!  However, I got very distracted with people-watching.  I was especially fascinated with shoe choices.  I saw a much older woman trying to pass off wearing hip, chunky boots.  I respect her ambition.  :)

Once I arrived at the Orlando airport, I put on my game face.  Smile pretty for the company, lie and say I'm having fun.  It's not quite a lie, but if I had my druthers, I'd be at home with my love.  ;)

Dinner consisted of a buffet out by the pool, which was chilly in the wind.  I like that kind of food cuz it's in Wendy-sized portions, but I would imagine that most everyone else was frustrated as even I had to make 3 trips to get enough to eat.  Some people bit the bullet and coughed up $20 for a sandwich at the hotel marketplace. 

I was fortunate enough to not run into the asshole which made me wonder if he was here.  Although with 1200 people, it's easy to miss people.  My spidey senses were tingling.

No comments: