Saturday, February 7, 2004

Saturday, February 7, 2004

I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel for this trip -- that is as soon as my eyes open up all the way.  Yet another motivational speaker today, Rick Page.    Again, good but too long.  It turns out that my new red purse also doubles as a soft pillow.  ;)   

Afterwards, the dreaded teambuilding exercise.  This one was much better than last year --- more fun and more apropos.  We played a game called Rattlesnake Canyon.  The only problem I had with it is that it brought out my ugly competitive nature.  I hate that.  I try very hard not to wake that dragon.  There was such a mass of chaos that it felt like I was on the floor of the stock exchange.  Everyone was pushing, yelling, etc.  And I was, too.  :(  My team did well though.  ;)

More talking.  More discussion.  Finally, closing ceremonies.  And last of all, fun night at Universal Studios.  It would have been fun if our bus driver didn't get lost on the way taking 30 minutes longer than normal.  It would have been fun if it weren't 40°F with high winds.  I wore 4 layers and was still cold.  :(  I took an early bus back to the relative warmth of the hotel.  Since I finally didn't have to get up early the next day, I stayed up late hanging out.  Much to the dismay of others, I didn't succumb to peer pressure and drink.  But I did cut loose a bit and let some of my edgy opinions and language fly.  I'm hoping that most everyone was drunk enough to give me plausible deniability.  :)

No comments: