Thursday, February 12, 2004

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Hi, my name is Wendy and I'm in denial.

My chiropractor told me yesterday that I might have a cold.  I replied most assuredly that I do NOT get colds.  Sigh.  I think I have a cold.  :(  I guess it just started with a sinus migraine.  I've been eating vitamin C like candy and pounding down glutamines.  I felt feverish for a little while until I took my temperature and it was 97.7°F.  Am I even alive?  Wtf kind of fever is that?  Do colds even produce fever?  I'm cold-challenged.  I suppose these are the types of questions I would ask my mother if I had one.  How selfish of me to miss her at these times. 

I sent flowers to Galahad -- a beautiful arrangement of blue irises (purple to my color-challenged eyes) and red tulips.  Somehow FedEx couldn't find his office, so they were going to try again tomorrow until I called 3 times and became a thorn in their side.  Wtf?  They were going to leave live flowers sitting in a box overnight instead of just calling to get directions.  Would the building miraculously have appeared tomorrow when they went back?  I let the supervisor know exactly what I thought of FedEx's customer service.  Heh, like she fucking cared.  She basically said sorry we're too busy to call you back. 

I'm tired of the big companies getting arrogant and lazy.  Yesterday, I had a phone call from American Express trying to give me their Blue Card with no annual fee.  I told them to access my records (since I had a card with them for the past 10 years) and I would happily accept it .  They replied that since I had recently canceled that account, they couldn't access it.  I told them to forget it, and they did.  Whatever happened to customer service?  Remember when companies were hungry for business?  When did it switch that the consumer has to jump through hoops  to be a customer?

On the plus side, I am having a fantastic hair day.  :)

No comments: