Saturday, August 30, 2003

Saturday, August 30, 2003

Happy Birthday to a great friend of mine!!  =)

Because I love her so much, I braved the big bad stores with the nasty children and worse parents to buy her a present.  She is on a restrictive diet that allows no caffeine yet she is a tea fanatic.  I managed to find a bunch of fun flavors and varieties of either caffeine-free tea or herbal infusions.  Remind me to never go to that store again on a Saturday.  Oh the horror!!!  It was worth it though because she loved her present.  =)

And to add to my horror-filled day, she decided to celebrate with a bowling/karaoke party --- as if one isn't white trash enough.  And to seal in the extra special white-trashness, she picked a place down near Davie.  I think I heard more bad Tammy Wynette (is there any good Tammy Wynette?) than I have in my entire life. 

To make matters even better (she said facetiously), most of the people in our party were on restrictive diets.  Well, you know me, Miss i-have-to-eat-every-3-hours.  So, there I was, wolfing down a pizza in front of people who can't eat pizza.  That was so uncomfortable.  I did ask in advance.  I wasn't sure which was ruder, eating in front of them or leaving them to eat alone.  I was told to act natural.  Sigh.

In case you're wondering, my friend is one of the classiest people I know and so far removed from white trash that she finds it fascinating.

No comments: