Tuesday, August 5, 2003

Tuesday, August 5, 2003

After a stressful work day, I was able to relax in the company of my lovely Galahad and his cousins.  We took them to dinner and a movie.  But not just to any theater ---  we took them to The Palace!  Haha, when we were driving them through Boca to get there, their first comment was "It looks like Disneyworld here."  [Laugh.  I always say that to my brother when he talks about how shitty it is (people-wise) here and that he wants to move.  I remind him that we live in Disneyworld and he'd have culture shock anywhere else.]   They were flabbergasted at the quality of the theater, the restaurant, the sound, the seating, etc.  She was my favorite of all his many cousins cuz she was skinnier than me when we met.  :)  I think we're probably about the same size now since she's grown into a woman since then.

Anyway, we saw Seabiscuit.  I read a kid's version of the story when I was 8 or 9, and the title always stuck in my head --- Come on, Seabiscuit.  I started to get so weepy at the message of the movie.  It's kind of been my motto in the last few years of my life.  Don't throw away a Lamborghini (or racehorse) because of a few dings.  It was an excellent movie and gave more background to the story than the kid's version.  I was trying not to cry too much because I didn't want to embarrass my guy in front of his family.  Laugh.  I was able to blink away the few tears that surfaced and dab them with my linen napkin.  Yes, I said linen napkin.  Hehe, we brought in the rest of our dinner when the movie started.  This place has loveseats and large arm-trays to put plates and glasses on.  I accidentally swallowed 2 lemon seeds in my water glass.  They slurped up through my straw.  Oops.

Afterwards, his cousin said she got a little weepy, too, so I didn't feel so silly.  :p  It was a beautiful story and an enjoyable evening.

No comments: