Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

I had nightmares again last night.  For the very first time in my life I knew I was in one, and I forced myself out.  That was a most disconcerting feeling.  I described the falling, flailing feeling between the dream and consciousness to Galahad, and he said it was my astral self breaking through or something like that.  Dunno if I buy into any of that but it sure was bizarre.  And, I was so glad to be out of that dream.  I had a second disturbing dream afterwards -- not as bad but not so great either. 

I remember the very worst nightmare I ever had several years ago.  It was before Galahad moved down here, so we were doing the long distance thing.  Heh, it was kind of before the Internet [/rolls eyes at being so old], so we communicated by phone, regular mail, and lots of visits.  Anyway, I woke up in such terror that I called and woke him up at 3 am.  He must have spent about 45 minutes reassuring me that I was safe.  Holy shit, it was awful.  I think we are both grateful that now I can just snuggle up against him for that reassurance and let him continue sleeping. 

Laugh, I was so worried the next day that he was going to think I was too crazy to put up with.  I'm so very glad he decided my craziness was worth the effort.

No comments: