Tuesday, April 24, 2001

Tuesday, April 24, 2001

I am NOT loving going to work in the cold room.  It's a data center that's kept constantly at 55°F.  I have to put more clothes on to sit in there than I need to wear outside.  Actually, today was a beautiful sunny day.  I'm very glad that I brought my gloves, just for the cold room.

For dinner, we wandered down to Tacoma & ate at a little brewpub near the University of Washington.  It was very pleasant except that there were a prolific amount of homeless people hanging around.  Because it was such a nice day, we had opted to sit outside.  This meant that they could walk right up to us & ask for money.  The problem was that the guy used his regular line on us -- that he was hungry.  Well, me being me, knowing that I can never eat everything anyway & hating to hear about someone being hungry, I offered him some of my food.  That took him completely by surprise, I think.  He accepted my offering & then quickly left when he realized we weren't giving out any money.

No comments: