Thursday, April 5, 2001

Thursday, April 5, 2001

Today is my company's golf tournament.  And, BONUS, my migraine is gone!  Yippee!  I was a little anxious at first since I had to ride around with the new GM of Florida all day in a golf cart, entertaining our clients.  I had met him only once previously for about a minute.  I had decided to bite the bullet and volunteer for his cart since I would probably be working with him eventually.  This would give me a chance to get to know him outside of his management style.  It turns out that I had a lot of fun.  First of all, it was a gorgeous day, no clouds, a slight breeze, and about 75°F.  Also, he wasn't a control freak; he let me drive first even though I volunteered the fact that I have been known to drive in a reckless manner at times.  I guess reckless is relative.  While he was driving, he managed to dump the entire cooler full of drinks & ice all over while taking a fast uphill corner.  Then, he had the good graces to find it just as funny as I did. 

He had already been told by another employee from another city that I am somewhat of a tree-hugger.  He started to goof on me for it; but it seems he's not that far away himself.  (This other employee is Rush Limbaugh in a younger man's body.)  I saw all kinds of birds enjoying the last vestiges of nature in the area.  There were egrets, great herons, gallinules, anhingas, mourning doves, and a kestrel!  I was so excited to see the kestrel; it was the first one I had seen in the wild.  I kept that little discovery to myself since I was already coming across as a major tree-hugger.

No comments: