Saturday, April 28, 2001

Saturday, April 28, 2001

Finally the day has arrived for me to travel thousands of miles back to my knight in shining armor.  Fortunately for me, I was able to cash in some frequent flyer miles & upgrade to first class.  What a difference that makes!  It's the difference between getting courteously waited on in a nice restaurant and being bashed in the head with a telephone at McDonald's.  Has anyone else heard of this incident from (where else?) Miami?  It's weird how I end up with a warped view of the country by living in a state that has such a totally different lifestyle & different life values.  It's a good thing I travel so I can see how other people live.

I called my honey from the Dallas airport in-between planes.  I had just stuffed my face with a sundae on the airplane.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I was served a grilled chicken barbecue sandwich and a custom-made ice cream sundae for lunch.  Then, as if that weren't enough, I had a very rare, very juicy steak dinner and a blueberry cobbler for dessert on the next flight.  I was sated nicely.

There was my sweetie, waiting for me to walk off the plane, looking as handsome as ever.

No comments: