Saturday, April 14, 2001

Saturday, April 14, 2001

Got up early to water.  Now, on to cartoons.....

Remember Peeps?  Tomorrow is Peep day.  Actually, I'm not sure what I ever liked about them.  I loved them as a kid and tried them a few years ago & almost got sick.  Way too sweet!

We started driving around looking for water garden shells.  Boy are they overpriced!  Anyway, we ended up driving around & eventually west to the Everglades.  There is a fabulous park there --- the Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge.  Right before we turned into the park, we saw a panther.  That was the first time I have ever seen one in the wild.  How exciting!  In the park, we saw alligators, of course, and a zillion birds.  There were plenty of turtles, too.  One of them came up onto land and was digging a place to lay her eggs.  The worst part was all of the grasshoppers.  They were huge & jumping everywhere.  At one point, I started to panic.  Lucky for me Galahad doesn't have these weird phobias like me.  He chased all of the bad grasshoppers away for me.

No comments: