Sunday, April 22, 2001

Sunday, April 22, 2001

Happy Earth Day!  I got lucky on both segments of my trip.  I was in an exit row to Dallas and in a bulkhead seat from there to Seattle.  Thank goodness because that is an even longer flight than the first.  I watched 'Proof of Life' with Meg Ryan & Russell Crowe.  Fascinating movie but probably very bad for the South American tourist & business trades.  It scared the bejeezus out of me.

I got a page in Dallas that one of my colleagues' flight from Denver had been canceled because of the snow storm there.  He would be arriving on Monday instead.  When I got into Seattle, I found out that the other colleague had just canceled his trip altogether.  I was pretty bummed about that.  So, I rented a car & drove all by myself to our hotel, which sucked.  The back of it looked like a seedy motel.  I was about to cancel my hotel reservations altogether & find a different one.  But, I was kind of tired & cold & hungry and thought I'd check out my room first.  It turned out not to be too bad, so I ended up staying.  Then, the next day, I realized that I had come in the back way and saw that the front was fairly nice.  I think I scared Galahad a little by telling him that I was staying at the 'Shining' hotel.

No comments: