Sunday, July 5, 2015

I'm a rare bird

But who didn't know that already?  I never seem to be able to classify myself into any common definition or type.  When I was a kid, I rarely ever found my name on those specialized name tags for my bike.

More specifically, someone asked me what my Myers Briggs type is.  And I always forget because it changes.  Plus, I'm forgetful.  So I retook the test to see what my latest is.  I'm INFJ, which is only 1-3% of the US population, although no idea how scientific that number is because I'm too lazy to click the documentation in Wiki. 

"empathy can serve as a classic example of the two-edged nature of certain INFJ talents, as it can be strong enough to cause discomfort or pain in negative or stressful situations."  Suffered through that many times.  Strong empathy is both a blessing and a curse.


"self-expression comes more easily to INFJs on paper, as they tend to have strong writing skills. Since in addition they often possess a strong personal charisma, INFJs are generally well-suited to the "inspirational" professions such as teaching (especially in higher education) and religious leadership."  Good to know I might actually be semi-qualified to write a blog.  ;)  And I can have a fallback career as a Cult Leader if I need to.  I love useful tests like this.  I'm still unsure what to do with the knowledge that my inner Disney Princess is either Pocahontas or Snow White.

No comments: