Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

I'm starting to get a little worried. I got a scratchy throat yesterday and a teensy bit of a fever. Galahad told me that was the first sign of this nasty flu.


My action plan:
  1. dosed up on glutamine and more vitamin C
  2. begged Galahad to shoot me if I got the flu and the obligatory migraine
  3. gave the white blood cells and helper T cells in my arms a firm lecture that they were to take immediate action with extreme prejudice on any viral activity (heh, don't ask me why just there.  Did I mention my sanity is being evasive? I don't even remember if those are the correct fighter cells.)
  4. went to bed early

This morning I am doing nominally better. So far no Excedrin or Imitrex consumed. Yay!!! =) I feel odd but maybe that's cuz I am. =p Last time I thought I felt feverish, I took my temperature and it was 97°F. Perhaps that's why I'm always cold? Okay, curiosity got me. I officially have a low-grade temp, 99.3°F. Does that actually count?

I bet you're dying to know what fabulous gift I got for my honey. He is now the proud owner of a bat house! Not just any bat house either, but a pretty one with shingles and a copper-tipped roof. I originally thought about getting him a Mosquito Magnet, but a friend (Thanks Stuart!) suggested a bat house instead to combat the mosquito issues we get in rainy season. Anyway, he loved it! He was so excited and researched where to place it. Laugh, it will probably take him 3-6 weeks for him to get the pole installed to his satisfaction.

No comments: