Sunday, December 14, 2003

Sunday, December 14, 2003

Sigh....poor Galahad.  He seems to have had a relapse of that awful flu.  Last night he had a raging fever of 103°F and was delirious.  The delirium snapped me out of a sound sleep at 3:30 am.  Somehow he was flying a fighter jet and was getting strafed.  Hehe, part of me was giggling at that and part of me was so freaked out because he was really far gone.  I went tearing through the house looking for rubbing alcohol.  We switched from that to hydrogen peroxide which is good for cuts but useless for fevers.  I grabbed an ice pack, some more aspirin, and some Benadryl.  Then, I begged him to get better even though I was sure he couldn't hear me, caught as he was in his alternate reality. 

I think he heard me because his fever broke an hour later.  I stayed up the rest of the night reading and watching over him.  He's been a little better today, but the fever came back albeit not as severe.

I'm starting to get paranoid about catching this nasty affliction.  If I had masks and gloves, I think I'd be wearing them.  :p  I've been washing my hands every 15 minutes and washing our sheets every few days.

I forced him to open one of his Xmas presents early.  He loved it!  It's a deluxe, professional-grade ice pack perfect for those high fever days and body ache pains.

No comments: