Monday, December 22, 2003

Monday, December 22, 2003

Mmmmmm, I love having the week off.  Too bad Galahad doesn't.  So, I still end up waking early to make him breakfast and tea.  Oh well, he's most definitely worth it.

I spent the day goofing off and the afternoon with my friend.  We spoke a lot about girly stuff --- relationships, etc.  Somehow lately, too many people I know and love are ending their marriages.  It's easy not to take sides when it's a mutual decision or if I'm closer to one partner than the other.  However, when it's not mutual, good god it's tough to not take sides.  When I see someone I love in the most pain I've ever seen them in, it takes a strong will not to dislike the person causing them that pain.  But, as my friend pointed out, you're fooling yourself if you think it will be better staying in a relationship with someone who doesn't wanna be with you.

Someone asked me why life is so complicated.  Heh, I had to tell him I didn't know.  It just is, so accept it.  When you struggle against that concept, you are in effect struggling against the universe. 

No comments: