Saturday, March 1, 2003

Saturday, March 1, 2003

Last night, Galahad picked up some DVDs at the video store.  I just really don't get the whole DVD phenomenon.  I mean, I like the movie, but all that after stuff gets old after a while.  I just want to see the movie and be done with it.  I don't need to hear how the director was inspired and what the actor's favorite color is and what the leading man had for lunch every day.

Anyway, we watched Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron on Friday night.  It was cute, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.  Today, we watched such a great movie.  Galahad is so much better at picking movies than I.  It was called Wasabi and it was so fucking funny.  I actually got a cramp from laughing so hard at one point.  What made it even funnier is that it isn't really a comedy.  It's more of an action mystery type of movie.

After that, I watched Galahad do some yard work through our picture windows while I spoke with one of my brothers on the phone.  Omg, 160 minutes!  We had a really deep soulful talk about life.  I found out the details of the Christmas suicide of our friend.  It was more tragic than I thought.  He told me about the funeral and who went.  [I didn't go --- I don't like funerals much.  They overwhelm me.]  We spoke about how far we have come from our past and how much further we want to travel.  I told him I rarely associate with anyone who is similar to that.  I want to be whitebread now.  I want to live a simple life without drama and pervasive sadness and loss.  I am so thrilled to be where I am today and yet I wake up some days surprised that I am here.  Never in a million years did I think I would live this long nor be this happy and content in life.  I have that same hope for my brother to find his peace.  Dunno if he ever will.

No comments: