Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Today is my best friend's (from childhood) birthday.  Happy birthday wherever you are.  We lost touch a few years ago.  I still keep in loose touch (Xmas cards) with her parents.  I tried to keep in better touch with her when she moved away, but it seemed like she didn't want to.  I don't mean that maliciously, just that she had new priorities --- husband, kids, etc.  I've known her since we were 3.  It seems wrong to let this friendship go, but it also feels wrong to cling to it like a packrat.  I didn't send a birthday card this year or a Xmas card, but somehow she has been on my mind all day.

I have problems letting go of the past, so I am trying to let this go.  I still have a couple pieces of clothing that my mom bought for me years ago which I never wear.  I can't seem to get rid of those either.  Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: