Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Wednesday, March 19, 2003

I saw the coolest lizard fight last night.  These two big macho males were battling it out on my back porch, dominating & rolling over each other.  They rolled down two steps in their desire to best one another.  I ran to get my camera to try to get pics but I couldn't get close enough --- no zoom on my camera.  They weren't an indigenous breed to Florida.  They kind of looked like mini dinosaurs, dark-colored with a big ridge down their backs.  After they stopped fighting, they stood a few lengths apart and postured about, doing lizard push-ups and flapping their dewlaps.  Hehe, I love watching the male of almost any species (including humans) when they try to out macho each other in seemingly meaningless harmless actions.

Why can't people do that more?  Harmless macho actions.

This Iraqi thing is making me crazy cuz I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I haven't commented so far because I haven't solidified my opinion yet.  I think it's more complicated than 99% of the world knows.  So, it's kinda hard to have an uninformed opinion.  Well, I guess it's not difficult, it just seems pointless to me.  I don't know Bush's motivations entirely.  Yes, the oil must play into it to some extent but that can't be all of it.  Yes, the humanitarian reasons are there, but we don't usually get involved just for that.  Yes, the extremist terrorists may be there, but it seems Saudi Arabia would be a better place to start.  And, of course, I can't forget the ego thing started by his father.  Still, it doesn't seem to add up to war.  Or maybe like everything else in my life, I am over-analyzing.

I keep thinking about how scared our soldiers (and their loved ones) must be.  I know that whether or not I agree with this whole thing, I still am proud of them for putting their lives on the line.

Hugs To Kuwait -- Adopt A Soldier

Operation Military Pride, supporting deployed military members worldwide

No comments: