Monday, January 20, 2003

Monday, January 20, 2003

It was nice to have a holiday today.  Thanks, Dr. King!

I left the house this morning fully intending to be home within an hour (90 minutes max) after seeing my chiropractor.  I had plans to clean, do laundry, etc.

I decided to call my friend and stop by and see her for a few minutes.  Wow!  We started chatting and then got into full-blown soul dialogue.  Even though she lives only a few miles from me, we don't seem to coordinate schedules well.  I think most of it is my fault since I like to be reclusive.  Also, she has a hectic schedule with a husband & 2 active teenagers and a business, etc. 

Anyway, I had such a fabulous time with her.  I've known her for about 10 years, and I was able to tell her how much she meant to me finally.  Actually, I don't think I did that great of a job in conveying the magnitude of how much she helped me grow as a woman.  She is a little bit older than me and just taught me so much that I never picked up from my family.  Dunno if that's cuz I was stubborn and wanted to be independent or if the timing was off.  This was about the time my mother was getting really sick before she died.

She helped me through the betrayal of my first heartbreak.  Laugh, I guess a few people helped me through that.  I think that was more painful than anything I have ever gone through in my life.  I have watched other people going through heartbreak, and I think mine hit me worse somehow.  It must be cuz I'm such a highly sensitive person.  lol.  I'm still amazed that I ever tried this whole serious love thing with my Galahad at all.  Gah, that just hurt too much to ever go through again.  I always tell him that he has to outlive me at least by one minute so I never have to feel that pain again.

I actually had to hurry to get home by 6 PM, so we could run back out again to meet my dad & his wife for dinner.  I had a great time there, too.  I was quite the social butterfly today, and I even enjoyed it.  :)

No comments: