Saturday, January 11, 2003

Saturday, January 11, 2003

sigh, why do I always have such high expectations of everything?  I know logically that most things/people can not live up to them, which just leads to my inevitable disappointment.  Yet, I can't seem to stop myself.  That is one trait that I have been working on for years in me.  I'm thinking it might be here to stay; but I'm stubborn, so I'll keep trying.  ;)

Well, it turns out that my new book (see below) does not have all the answers for me as of one third of the way through.  Everything that the author has recommended is stuff I'm doing already.  My Galahad tried to put a positive spin on it for me (cuz he knows I like that kind of shit) by saying at least it reinforces me in knowing I'm doing the right stuff for me.  Well, I suppose it does.  But, I was hoping for more concrete assistance than that. 

I guess it did help in one aspect that since the author is also highly sensitive, she makes it sound kind of an elite trait to have (even though she says she isn't saying that.)  So now, I feel special in an elite way instead of a short school bus way.  :)

No comments: