Saturday, September 27, 2003

Saturday, September 27, 2003

I went to Recovery Fest 2003 tonight.  That was an odd concept.  It was a free concert at Mizner Park to help promote recovery from substance abuse.  I felt bad for the performers since so many of the audience left because of the rain.  I managed to slide up almost onto the stage and lean under the overhang.  I still got wet but not soaked.  And, omfg, my hair got so trashed.  I should have opted for soaked.  Cuz damp = frizzy.  I felt like I was back in the early 90's with my big hair.  =)  Soaked would have been preferable I think.  ;)

I was there to see a friend perform, which is why I stuck it out.  She sounded amazing as usual.  :)  And she was so sweet and called me afterwards to thank me for showing up and staying in the rain.  She laughed and said I was like the postman because last year, I stood out in 100° heat to watch her perform.  I told her I won't do snow though.  :p

I was out with my partner in crime (the tea fanatic) who persuaded me to go to the auction house after we had gotten a bite to eat.  The fun part of eating at Mizner is sitting outside at a cafe and people-watching.  We started giggling like school girls when the topic turned sex-&-the-city-ish and I got busted staring at some man we were discussing.    I didn't mean to stare so overtly, but her comment really made me ponder.  And no I won't be sharing.  ;)

The auction house was a treat.  I forgot how amusing it is to listen to an auctioneer rattle off the bids.  It's as if he speaks a new language.  They had some cool items there, but the one I liked had already been sold, which is fine because I don't need anything else in my house.  I saw a beautiful bronze mermaid statue but decided I would get sick of looking at it one day so why bother.  Yeah, I know, I'm entirely too practical sometimes.

But the best treat of all was coming home to my Galahad.  =)

No comments: