Thursday, September 4, 2003

Thursday, September 4, 2003

I did such a girly thing tonight.  My friend called me up and asked if I would go with her to some seminar.  Of course I said yes cuz she sounded like she needed the company.  It was a live demonstration on permanent makeup.  It was a gaggle of women with too much concern over their appearances.  Yes, I like to look good but it doesn't consume my every waking action.  And, I've reached a stage in my life (thankfully!) where if people don't like how I look, fuck 'em.  I kind of felt sorry for these women who cared so much.  They were all older so maybe I'll get back to that stage (Gah, I hope not!).  I suppose I shouldn't judge too harshly or at all.  It was weird to be there since I wear only light makeup as it is.  They were all fully made up.  I started to feel wan in comparison.  =p  It's probably cuz my lip gloss wore off.  Did I mention how much of an esteem booster that is?  ;)

Well anyway, it was cool to watch someone get her eyelids & eyebrows tattooed. 

I wonder what parents could be doing for their little girls to give them higher self-esteem so they don't grow up and spend millions on altering their looks and still being insecure.

No comments: