Friday, September 19, 2003

Friday, September 19, 2003

I forgot to write about my funny day on Tuesday after the BBQ fiasco.  My girlfriend had called me late Monday night in a panic.  She was craving the tea I bought for her and had just run out.  Hehe, I'm glad she liked my birthday present so much.  =)

I went back to Whole Foods to buy a few more boxes for her and started browsing while I was there.  This employee came running up to me to ask if I needed any help.  I said no thanks.  But that didn't stop him!!  He says, "oh you're just looking?"  Laugh, why yes, yes I am.  At this point, I was perusing the beer aisle seeing if I wanted to buy Galahad some new fun beer.  The first time I bought him Trois Pistoles, which he loved.  Next I bought Ephemere, which was also tasty.  Now I had pressure to live up to.  So this ardent employee commences to explain every single fucking beer on the beer aisle.  I don't even drink beer, so I have no clue what he means when he starts explaining differences between malty & hoppy.  Wtf?  It all tastes pretty bad as far as I'm concerned, although the last two I brought home were somewhat palatable.

Two separate people came up to him to ask him questions, and he blew both of them off saying he was busy.  Wtf??  I'm getting his life story and the beer drinking habits of every store employee and people who have legitimate questions are being neglected.   He also raises an eyebrow when he looked into my little basket and sees 6 boxes of tea and inquired why I had that.  Wtf?  Thank god I didn't have organic tampons in my basket.

Suddenly he leans into me (I immediately back up) and says, "what's that?"  I'm starting to suspect he forgot his medication today.  But, I'm in a good mood, so I take the bait.  "What's what?" I ask, again glad that I wasn't shopping for feminine hygiene products.

He starts to touch my belly chain (I lean further away) and says "that".  I decide that he must be slow, so I answer him slowly.  "It's a chain," I say in long slow speech.  He exclaims how fascinating it is.  Perhaps he's high?  At this point, I'm starting to plan my quick escape.  I had decided not to buy any beer somewhere along the course of the conversation, but I realize it will advance my getaway if I get one.  I pick one in the manner that I normally do --- by the graphic design of the label.  It also was one of the 15 or so that he recommended.  So Galahad is now the proud owner of a 6 pack of Flying Dog beer.  I'll let you know how he likes it.

No comments: