Saturday, October 29, 2016

wisdom -- it's a kind of magic


I had another rough week, but I woke up again this morning, so here we are.  Me, with my woes, and you as my muse. 

I don't like being down, and most especially, I don't like being knocked down.  So I force myself to rise again, both in spirit and in the physical sense.  I've been doing brief spurts of calisthenics three times a day.  One day, I was too weak to do that, but the rest of my week, I did it, despite the pain and weakness.  Does it help?  Who knows.  But I feel like it does, and that's half the battle, right?

It seems to me that wishing life were different is not at all helpful or beneficial.  Therefore, the wise soul will be in the current reality, not wishing for a different one.  I tell myself that on days when my anxiety levels skyrocket.  Lions don't have anxiety.  They hunt when they are hungry and relax when they aren't.  Can't my life be that simple?  Why do I need to over-complicate it?


“Study me as much as you like, you will not know me, for I differ in a hundred ways from what you see me to be.  Put yourself behind my eyes and see me as I see myself, for I have chosen to dwell in a place you cannot see.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi


No comments: