Tuesday, October 4, 2016

putting on my big girl panties


Whilst I was lying awake in an anxiety-drenched stupor this morning, I gave myself a lecture.  I had forgotten who I was.  I'm not some sniveling little coward who sits in corners.  I'm motherfkn Wendy!  My brother reminded me last week what a bad-ass I used to be.  When did that change?  How did I pick up so much fear?

I've been through many hurricanes, albeit none of them solo.  But my ex didn't have any special weather powers (that I know of).  I can do this on my own.  I'm the one with the Lucky Goat Milk.  This storm won't kill me, although it may destroy my home.  As long as I can keep Kitten and myself safe, I can do this.

I've started moving my patio furniture inside.  It's quality stuff, so it's heavy.  And I have a lot somehow.  I'm almost half done, but I had to rest.  I suppose I workout to be able to lift my own furniture, as well as to open my own peanut butter jars.  I have a few extra bruises I didn't have before.  And I'm hoping I don't have any extra spiders or crawlies inside that I didn't have before.  But I can do this.  I've been through it before.  Many times.


No comments: